Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Conflicted

Being here makes me realize two things: 1) how much I'm in love with MW and 2) how I honestly don't know what to do with my life because the more I learn, the more I don't know what I want or what I should try to achieve with my life. I could easily stay in the states, make a decent living, send my children off to good schools and travel a bit. I'm sure I'll do some good by helping someone on a regular basis (legal services, etc). I could also (w/ a little more difficulty) be here or somewhere with the UN/other NGO, contributing to an inefficient organization who cannot prevent the evils we all swore we could never let happen again, sending my children to school and maybe traveling. Honestly, I don't see *many* substantive differences. So what's the point? How do I choose? Or maybe this means I simply haven't found what I'm looking for.

More on actual work I've been doing later.

1 comment:

  1. I think trips like this are how you figure it out. That's why we do summer jobs, right? RIGHT?!?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete