Friday, July 23, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

I'm trying to decide what to do this weekend. I only have 3 left and I want to make the most of them.

My options are:

Waterfall hike on Marangu or Machame (bottom of Kili): This was the original plan but Sabi, a friend/guide, has yet to get back to me about time, cost or required equipment. I'd like to go but it looks like without the information, this won't happen.

Trip to Masai village near Monduli: This is a trip organized for/with a Masai friend of JS to his village. The cost is around $50-60USD. We'd see a sacred tree, eat lunch, and walk around his village. The money would help the village but I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on a day trip when I have to start thinking about gifts, etc.

Trip to Mulala: This is a cultural tourism program that I wanted to do from the very beginning. The more trips people do though, the less I think it's a good idea to do. They really try to rip off wazungu (white people) so I'm not sure I want to spend my day getting hustled.

Stay in Arusha / hang out / go to the Masai market: AB and NK are planning on just hanging out and going to the Masai Market down the street from me. I was planning on going again to get gifts but not sure I should do this now or during the week. I feel lame just staying in town. If I go to Tenga next week and Nairobi the following week though, this might be the best time to get everything organized. Plus, I could still go to the dance competition at 730 and do a different day trip on Sunday.

Also - I realize how silly this may be. No matter what I do, I'm still in AFRICA. And I love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment